Sunday, July 22, 2018

Jenga, Any One?

I want to create a classroom environment that students want to come to each day. I want them to feel the magic as they enter into the classroom and excitement for what activities they will do during their time with me. So definitely incorporating games into my classroom is a must!

Today, I went into our Dollar Tree and found these cute mini Jenga games. I was so excited and began brainstorming ways I could add them to my classroom. Of course, Pinterest gave me tons of ideas.

I created my first set of Math Jenga blocks for students to review Order of Operations. I found an order of operations worksheet and wrote the problem in black on one side of the block and the answer on the opposite side. (There are many versions to create).








Last week Michael's had these photo organizers on sale and look...a set can fit into one! The organizer will be used for my Math Workshop games and task cards.


Other ideas to use Jenga in the classroom...
1. Vocabulary
2. Reviews
3. Math Talk
4. Just for Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment